Monday, April 20, 2009

40 Years Too Late

"I'm So Sick of the 21st Century." Now there's a sentiment I can get behind. This song makes the case for Younger Brother Complex as indie rock attitude, guys shamelessly copping Dylan vocals and Strokes riffs, but in the noble pursuit of hating the present they've inherited. It's like they just threw up their hands and gave in to their older brother's continual arguments that the new shit sucks and it used to be better and he was there back in the day and they weren't. Ipso facto, you suck. I feel almost guilty about it now, beating on the brats, invoking fogy precedent to bolster superiority. But the honesty here somehow makes it sound fresh. I'm feeling nostalgia for things I've never known. It's funny because it's true.

I'm So Sick of the 21st Century - Radical Sons (link fixed)


No comments: