Thursday, November 16, 2006

All Record Stores Must Pass

Recently I went to my local Tower Records for their Going Out Of Business Sale. I felt like a scavenger, but that didn't stop me from buying a couple of things I never would have bought at full price. One was an early Ultravox album, and the other was the 2000 reissue of All Things Must Pass by George Harrison.

Here's a few lines from "Isn't It A Pity:"

And because of all their tears
Their eyes can't hope to see
The beauty that surrounds them
Isn't it a pity.

There are two versions of this great song on the album, and I still don't know which one I like better. Galaxie 500 also did a great cover of it. I can't think of a more compassionate song. Guess I'm getting soft. All this hippie stuff is really getting inside my head.

Isn't It A Pity - George Harrison

No comments: