Saturday, December 23, 2006
2006: The Guilt, The Shame, The Ugly iTunes Truth
I really shouldn't be doing this. Since I probably didn't even buy 10 albums in 2006, I have no place sharing a Best of 2006 List with you nice people. Yet here I am. As a concession, I'm just sharing 10 selected tracks (some singles, some album tracks) that show up at the top of the list when I sort my 4,919 iTunes by year. Here they are, re-sorted alphabetically by track name:
1) "Crazy" - Gnarls Barkley. Maybe you've heard this one once or twice? Yes?
2) "Don't Speak (I Came To Make A Bang)" - Eagles Of Death Metal, perhaps bringing more sexy than #7 on this list.
3) "Level" - The Raconteurs. Better than that first single, in my book.
4) "Punkrocker (featuring Iggy Pop)" - The Teddybears. I play this one a lot. My girlfriend is already sick of hearing this one, and she loves Iggy, and me.
5) "Rear View Mirror" - Grandaddy. Another great track. Another great LP. See also YLT.
6) "Ride a White Horse" - Goldfrapp. I like the sexy. I like the T.Rex reference.
7) "SexyBack (featuring Timbaland)" - Justin Timberlake. Best track since "Rock Your Body."
8) "The Race Is On Again" - Yo La Tengo. See description for #5.
9) "The W.A.N.D." - The Flaming Lips. See description for #8.
10) "Wild Mountain Honey" - Steve Miller Band. I've never heard of this Miller guy, but apparently it took him 30 years to finish his record. Fucking stoner. It's awesome, though. It's called "Fly Like An Eagle."